NOW ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR 2018-2019
Deadline for Application: Friday, May 4th, 2018 by 11:59pm CST
OPEN TO ILLINOIS RESIDENTS ONLY FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
The Trotter Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to continuing Chef Charlie Trotter's legacy through mentorship and scholarship programs for youth interested in culinary arts and hospitality.
Our mission is to unite budding talent interested in the culinary arts, along with hospitality and service industries, through the Pillars of Excellence Program, which is designed to educate and inspire.
Scholarship Opportunities for 2018-2019:
The Trotter Project’s Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarships — $9,000 Full Tuition
- Awarded to five (5) students attending Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute
The Trotter Project’s Chef Homaro Cantu Scholarships — $5,000 Partial Tuition
- Awarded to four (4) culinary arts or hospitality management students attending any accredited college/university in the U.S.
- Must have 2.5 or higher G.P.A. (unweighted)
- Must be a high school senior to qualify for scholarships
- Culinary Arts, Baking/Pastry or Hospitality student
- Complete online application (see below for link)
- Must submit the following documents:
- Resume highlighting community service, jobs/internships.
- Transcript displaying cumulative G.P.A. weighted/unweighted
- Letter of recommendation from someone who can discuss candidate’s academic achievements and/or character
- Video expressing interest in culinary arts/hospitality and long-term goals. This is your opportunity to express individuality/creativity, passion, commitment and any other positive qualities Videos should not exceed three minutes.
- Finalists will be invited to a formal interview. Official transcript will be required for this portion of the selection process.
- Send all documents to Program Coordinator LaKiesha P. Dunn at email@example.com. no later than 11:59pm Friday, May 4th, 2018
- Please send ALL documents together, in ONE email. Documents sent separately will not be accepted.
Source of Scholarship Funds
The Trotter Project
Click here to begin application. Good Luck!
Any questions? Please contact LaKiesha P. Dunn, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.