Now Accepting Applications for The Trotter Project's Scholarships & Internships
Number of Scholarships: 4
Note: Available to eligible culinary students in Chicago Public Schools' Culinary Arts (CTE) / Careers Through Culinary Arts Program - C-CAP
- Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarship presented by The Trotter Project: $9,000 (awarded for Washburne Culinary Institute)
- Chef Homaro Cantu Scholarship presented by The Trotter Project: $9,000 (awarded for Washburne Culinary Institute)
- Chef Charlie Trotter Scholarship presented by The Trotter Project: $15,000 (awarded for Kendall College)
- Chef Homaro Cantu Scholarship presented by The Trotter Project: $15,000 (awarded for Kendall College)
Number of Internships: 2
Note: Available to eligible culinary students enrolled at Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute or Kendall College
Each internship will take place at a supporting restaurant of The Trotter Project. Internships will be paid and require a minimum of 180 work hours.
- Must have 2.5 or higher G.P.A. (unweighted)
- Must be a high school senior participating in C-CAP or Chicago Public Schools Culinary & Hospitality Program to qualify for scholarships
- Must be a college student currently enrolled in a culinary arts program at Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Institute or Kendall College to qualify for paid internships.
- Complete online application (see below for link)
- Must submit the following documents:
- Resume highlighting community service, jobs/internships.
- Transcript displaying cumulative G.P.A. weighted/unweighted
- Letter of recommendation from someone who is able to discuss candidates academic achievements and/or character
- Video expressing interest in culinary arts/hospitality and long term goals. This is your opportunity to express individuality/creativity, passion, commitment and any other positive qualities Videos should not exceed three minutes.
- Finalists will be invited to a formal interview. Official transcript will be required for this portion of the selection process.
- Send all documents to Program Coordinator LaKiesha P. Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, May 12, 2017.
- Please send ALL documents together, in ONE email to email@example.com. Documents sent separately will not be accepted.
Source of Scholarship Funds
The Trotter Project
Names and Affiliation of all Scholarship & Internship Committee Members
John Albee, Board Member, The Trotter Project
Michael Taus, Vice President of the Board, The Trotter Project
LaKiesha P. Dunn, Pillars of Excellence Program Coordinator, The Trotter Project
Derrek Hull, Executive Director, The Trotter Project
Nicola Copeland, Program Coordinator, C-CAP Chicago
David Blackmon, Sr. Program Coordinator, Office of College and Career Success, Chicago Public Schools
Marshall Shafkowitz, Dean/Executive Director, Washburne Culinary Institute
Click here to begin application. Good Luck!
Any questions? Please contact Program Coordinator LaKiesha P. Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org.